Governance & Social Justice
- The South China Sea Conflict: Analysis in In-depth
- Bangladesh’s success story, Role of china, current issues between the two countries, cooperation
- India’s Act East Policy | Analysis | objective of Act East Policy
- Blunders of NATO
- Indian firms to buy more oil from Russia, energy ties to deepen | Russia-Ukraine Crisis
- India-Myanmar Relations: Importance & Background
- India – Bhutan relations | Important debate simplified
- India’s Game plan for Tibet | Geopolitics Simplified
- NITI Aayog announces 5 aspirational districts in Agriculture & Water Resources sector
- Inland Waterway Vessel MV Lal Bahadur Shastri from Patna to Guwahati
- After Russia, Iran offers oil to India, proposes revival of Rupee
- Hydropower development turns a Uttarakhand village into a graveyard
- Operation Greens | aims to ensure right price for farmers | promote FPO | Government Policies
- Why India has to be ‘Atmanirbhar’ in Tech?
- Can Russia use Cryptocurrency to evade sanction?
Defence & Security
Science & Technology
- How can Artificial intelligence/machine learning help the Indian judiciary reduce pendency?
- How Blockchain technology can make UPI a Global Payment System?
- India lacks a solar waste handling policy. What is Solar Waste?
- Kahani Koyle Ki’ | A satirical Representation of Extraction of Coal and Increasing Pollution
- GS 2 || Security || Tackling Security Threats || Army, Navy & Airforce
Why in news?
Indian Navy successfully test-fires advanced version of Brahmos missile
- The government can quickly carry out the recommendations of the Shaketkar committee regarding the closure of Army Postal Establishments and Military Farms in peacetime locales. Apart from that, the government can take the Chief of Defence Staff’s opinion into account. He said that raising the retirement age will allow the government to spend more money on other important things.
- It is critical to increase private sector engagement. This can be accomplished by establishing a permanent arbitration cell to ensure that private enterprises, such as PSUs, have a level playing field.
- The government has the authority to provide DRDO autonomy. It will increase the amount of private-sector subcontracts and instil trust in the private sector.
- The government’s in-house design capabilities, such as that of the Naval Design Bureau, must be improved. This will reduce design and capacity conflicts with manufacturers. The Shaketkar committee proposed that the ‘Military Intelligence School’ in Pune be converted into a ‘tri-service intelligence training establishment.’
- According to SIPRI, India’s military spending accounted for 2.4 percent of GDP in 2019. It was larger than the sum of health and research spending (1.5 percent of GDP) (0.7 percent of GDP). The government must accelerate indigenization in the defence sector since it has numerous benefits, including reduced fiscal deficits, improved manufacturing, and so on.