Governance & Social Justice
- Is it Unhealthy to Eat out in India?
- New National Education Policy
- SDG Gender Index 2019
- Self Help Group market linkages
- Supreme Court stops Maharashtra EWS quota
- Draft National Education Policy Controversy
- Acute Encephalitis Syndrome in muzaffarpur of bihar
- Private sector specialist in government jobs
- Abujh Maria PVTGs
- AWaRe: A WHO tool for safer use of antibiotics
- Digital Village Scheme 2.0
- Back to Village program in Jammu & Kashmir
- Child Labour in India – National Child Labour Project Scheme
- Operation Cleanup begins, Modi Government 2.0 dismisses corrupt officials
- 23rd St Petersburg International Economic Forum
- Will Financial Action Task Force put Pakistan in its Blacklist
- How powerful is the International Court of Justice?
- PM Modi in Maldives
- U.S. Now Requiring Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants
- United Nations Demands Britain To End Rule Of Chagos Islands In Six Months
- Chinese Language made Compulsory in Nepal
- Hong Kong Protests 2019
- India Invited to G-7 Summit
- PM Modi in Sri Lanka
- SCO Summit 2019
- Indian Navy Launches Operation Sankalp
- Iran shoots down US drone aircraft
- Pakistan Saved from FATF BlackList
- India warns of Commonwealth Games boycott
- Sudan political crisis
- Foreign Policy of India
- Modi 2.0, Ministry of External Affairs Opportunities & Challenges
- Guthi Bill protests in Nepal
- G 20 Summit 2019
- United Nation security council
- Agricultural self sustainability & food security of India
- Benefits of Cluster based modern Industry
- CBDT tweaks Income Tax rules for Senior Citizens
- Code on Wages Bill needs to be tweaked
- Custom Reforms in India
- Food processing in India
- Foreign Trade of India
- How to revive demand in Indian Economy?
- India’s Foreign Trade Slowdown
- India’s solar manufacturing strategy
- IndiGo Promoters Spat Controversy
- RBI’s revised circular on NPA
- Status of Self Employment in India
- What is Demographic Distress?
- What is Priority Sector Lending Limit?
- What is Strategic Overseas Fund?
- Jal Shakti Ministry launched
- India No Longer World’s Fastest Growing Economy
- Kolhapuri Chappal get Geographical Indication Tag
- Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project
- Government’s plan for Digital Payment in India
- Retail inflation at 7 month high
- What is Middle Income Trap?
- Wholesale Price Index Inflation hits 22 month low in May
- India & World Trade Organisation
- India USA Trade War
- RBI purchases Government Securities worth Rs 12500 Crore
- What are BASEL III norms?
- World Bank’s Global Economic Prospects Report
- SEBI new norms for Credit Rating Agencies
- Telecom Sector in India
- Chennai water crisis
- One Nation one ration card
- Railway testing Tri-Netra Technology
Defence & Security
Science & Technology
- Air Pollution and Human Health
- Chennai Salem Highway Case Controversy
- Global Concentration of Atmospheric CO2
- One Health Philosophy
- Arctic Kelps: Underwater forests in the Arctic
- India unlikely to meet carbon sink commitment
- Asiatic lion radio collaring
- Japan decides to start Commercial Whale Hunting
- Phayeng becomes first Carbon Positive village
- Fall Army Worm Attack in India
Tag: GS3 || Science and technology || Space || Policy
Why in news ?
- To enhance the capabilities of the armed forces to fight wars in space, the government has approved the setting up of a new agency which will develop sophisticated weapon systems and technologies.
- The Cabinet Committee on Security headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has cleared the setting up of the Defence Space Research Agency (DSRA).
- DSRA has been entrusted with the task of creating space warfare weapon systems and technologies.
- The agency would be provided with a team of scientists which would be working in close coordination with the tri-services integrated Defence staff officers.
- It would be providing the research and development support to the Defence Space Agency (DSA) which comprises members of the three services.
- The DSA has been created “to help the country fight wars in the space”.
- The Defence Space Agency is being set up in Bengaluru under an Air Vice Marshal-rank officer and will gradually take over the space-related capabilities of the three forces.
Space exercise :
- India to hold it’s first-ever simulated space warfare exercise It has been named – IndSpaceEx.
- This exercise will basically be a ‘table-top war-game’, with all stakeholders from the military and scientific community taking part in it.
- All military stakeholders, including those from the scientific community, will participate in it.
- Main objective of the exercise is to understand the possible challenges in space warfare and to counter China’s growing influence in this domain, which poses a major threat to India’s national security interest.
Militarisation of space by the different powers of the world :