Art & Culture
- What is Lokpal and Lokayukta? Kerala’s proposal to limit Lokayukta’s powers
- Why Justice takes so Long In India ?
- Parliamentary Committee on Education calls for revamp of Education in India
- Lalu Prasad Yadav gets Five Year in jail in Fodder Scam Case, fined 60 Lakh
- Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment launches Seed for DNTs? What is the status of DNTs?
- Why Media One channel was banned by the I&B ministry?
Governance & Social Justice
- Is Cryptocurrency Legal in India? Union Budget 2022: India to Tax Crypto at 30%
- What is Cage Aquaculture? Know all about it- Factors, Advantages & Disadvantages
- Farmer Unions Threaten to Resume Agitation if Govt does not fulfil MSP commitments
- What is Barbell Strategy & Agile approach used by GoI as Economic Policy
- Why the Great Minds of India are leaving the country?
- India plans to produce 5 Million Tonnes of Green Hydrogen by 2030
- Government to Promote Drone use in Agriculture
- Is Bhutan the Happiest Country in the World GNH Philosophy
- Blue Economy, sixth dimension of India’s ‘Vision of New India’ by 2030
Defence & Security
Science & Technology
- What is Quantum communication? ISRO conducts experiment to communicate securely
- Scientists set new record in creating energy from Nuclear Fusion – 11MW in 5 seconds
- SAMARTH National Mission on Use of Biomass in Thermal Plant
- India takes on China, Vietnam in electronics manufacturing, Target $300 billion production
- What is mRNA Vaccine for HIV AIDS? Why is developing the HIV vaccine tough?
- What is the DLI scheme? Will it help in developing the semiconductor industry in India?
- GS 3 || Economy || Agriculture || Sustainable Agriculture & Organic Farming
Why in the news?
Blue Economy, sixth dimension of India’s ‘Vision of New India’ by 2030
What is blue economy?
Initiatives Taken by the Indian Government:
- Sagarmala Project: With minimum infrastructure investment, the Sagarmala Program aims to cut logistical costs for export-import and domestic trade.
- Coastal Economic Zones: In the National Perspective Plan for the Sagarmala Programme, the government specifies 14 CEZs. The goal of CEZs is to boost exports by offering infrastructure and amenities to entrepreneurs who want to establish enterprises and industries near ports.
- Indian Ocean Rim Association: India has been participating in the IORA, which promotes the blue economy in the Indian Ocean littoral states.
- Matsaya Sampada Yojana: It is the country’s main strategy for concentrated and long-term development of the fishing sector. It will usher in the Blue Revolution by utilizing the potential of fisheries in a way that is sustainable, responsible, inclusive, and egalitarian.
- Polymetallic Nodules: The International Seabed Authority has granted India permission to conduct deep-sea mining in the Central Indian Ocean.
- In addition to conventional industries like fisheries and coastal tourism, India should focus on marine transportation, communication services, and the construction of a knowledge center for marine research and development.
- India should strive to strike a balance between economic gains and long-term sustainability in order to achieve the broader goals of growth, job creation, equity, and environmental protection, while also building an effective response mechanism to humanitarian crises and natural catastrophes.
Mains oriented question:
What is the blue economy? What are the challenges associated with it? (250 words)