Governance & Social Justice
- Generic Only Model : Concepts and Concerns
- Consumer Protection Bill 2018 Passed By Lok Sabha
- Global Burden of Disease Report by Lancet
- Adivasis in Chhattisgarh & M.P.
- Menstrual Hygiene for Rural Women
- Global Nutrition Report 2018
- What Is Sextortion Law J&k
- Human Microbiome
- Tele-Robotic Surgery
- Prevention of Malaria’s Side Effects
- Opioid Overdose Crisis
- India To Give Bhutan Rs. 4500 Crore
- IMO’s New Rule for Oil
- G20 Summit 2018
- Geopolitical Importance of Island States
- Strengthening Of Boko Haram
- US China Trade War
- Why India Paying Iran with Rupees?
- Trans Regional Maritime Pact
- Trump’s Syria Withdrawal
- India will Give Maldives $1.4 Billion
- Australia Recognized West Jerusalem As Israeli Capital
- China Taiwan Relations Indepth analysis
- Shahpur Kandi Dam Project Get Approval
- Qatar Exit To OPEC
- Farm Loan Waivers Good or Bad?
- Issues with ultra mega power projects
- Importance of Soybean for Malwa Region
- What is Public Credit Registry ?
- Financial Literacy for Financial Inclusion, Jan Dhan Yojna
- Dharavi Redevelopment Project 2018
- Bogibeel Bridge
- Global Wage Report 2018
- RBI 5th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy
- Direct Benefit Transfer for Electricity
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- National Pension System
- Troubling Power Sector
- Train 18: Fastest Train in Nation
- Oxytocin Ban Removed
Defence & Security
Science & Technology
- Mission Gaganyaan Approved
- Ethanol Blending
- Project Dragon Fly
- Swaminathan Calls GM Crops A Failure
- China’s Change E-4 Mission
- 3D printing in Pharma sector
- Womb Transplant
- Supreme Court On Rafale Deal
- GSAT-7A Launched
- Saturn to Lose Its Rings
- ISRO’s Small Satellite Launch Vehicle
- Bharat Net Project
- Indian Navy gets Submarine Rescue System
- Transgenic Rise with Reduced Arsenic
- Global Hackathon on Artificial Intelligence
- Cheap Hydrogen Production
- NASA’s Insight Spacecraft
- Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti
- Life on Titan (Saturn’s Moon)
- What is COP 24 ?
- What is rat-hole mining
- Structural Reform for Decarbonising India
- Marine Vegetation To Mitigate Ocean Acidification
- Impact of Ocean Warming On Great Southern Reef
- What is Bio-Diversity Offsetting
- Atmospheric Iodine Will Destroy bad Ozone
- UN’S WMO : 2018 4th Hottest Year On Record
- Effects of Drugs Discharge into Yamuna river
Spice of the Month
GS 2 || International Relations ||India & it’s Neighbours ||Indian Ocean Geopolitics
Why in news ? :
India has signed the ascension agreement to the Trans Regional Maritime Network (T-RMN). The multilateral construct comprises of 30 countries and is steered by Italy
About the Trans Regional Maritime Network :
- The network facilitates information exchange on the movement of commercial traffic on the high seas.
- The information is available primarily through the Automatic Identification System (AIS) fitted on merchant ships with more than 300 gross registered tonnage as mandated by the International Maritime Organisation.
- The AIS information comprises name, MMSI number, position, course, speed, last port visited, destination and so on. This information can be picked up through various AIS sensors including coastal AIS chains and satellite based receivers.
- Such multilateral agreements are necessitated due to the large traffic in the Indian Ocean which cannot be entirely monitored by any one nation.
- This is a significant move as it will help the Indian Navy keep a watch over the vast Indian Ocean and boost maritime security of the country. India is part of several such agreements, which help the nations to coordinate and share information to keep tabs on suspicious activities and illegal trade across the oceans.
Steps taken to guard India’s interests
- The Information Fusion Centre (IFC) for the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) is established with the vision of strengthening maritime security in the region by building a common coherent maritime situation picture and acting as a maritime information hub for the region.
- The IFC has been established at the Navy’s Information Management and Analysis Centre (IMAC) in Gurugram.
- IMAC is the single point centre linking all the coastal radar chains to generate a seamless real-time picture of the nearly 7,500-km coastline.
Prelims bits : What is White Shipping Agreement?
- White Shipping Agreement (WSA) is an information network protocol that allows the navies of two countries to exchange information about ships in their oceanic territories. Ships would be classified into white (commercial ships), grey (military vessels), and black (illegal vessels).
- India already has bilateral White Shipping Agreements with 36 countries.