Governance & Social Justice
- Generic Only Model : Concepts and Concerns
- Consumer Protection Bill 2018 Passed By Lok Sabha
- Global Burden of Disease Report by Lancet
- Adivasis in Chhattisgarh & M.P.
- Menstrual Hygiene for Rural Women
- Global Nutrition Report 2018
- What Is Sextortion Law J&k
- Human Microbiome
- Tele-Robotic Surgery
- Prevention of Malaria’s Side Effects
- Opioid Overdose Crisis
- India To Give Bhutan Rs. 4500 Crore
- IMO’s New Rule for Oil
- G20 Summit 2018
- Geopolitical Importance of Island States
- Strengthening Of Boko Haram
- US China Trade War
- Why India Paying Iran with Rupees?
- Trans Regional Maritime Pact
- Trump’s Syria Withdrawal
- India will Give Maldives $1.4 Billion
- Australia Recognized West Jerusalem As Israeli Capital
- China Taiwan Relations Indepth analysis
- Shahpur Kandi Dam Project Get Approval
- Qatar Exit To OPEC
- Farm Loan Waivers Good or Bad?
- Issues with ultra mega power projects
- Importance of Soybean for Malwa Region
- What is Public Credit Registry ?
- Financial Literacy for Financial Inclusion, Jan Dhan Yojna
- Dharavi Redevelopment Project 2018
- Bogibeel Bridge
- Global Wage Report 2018
- RBI 5th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy
- Direct Benefit Transfer for Electricity
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- National Pension System
- Troubling Power Sector
- Train 18: Fastest Train in Nation
- Oxytocin Ban Removed
Defence & Security
Science & Technology
- Mission Gaganyaan Approved
- Ethanol Blending
- Project Dragon Fly
- Swaminathan Calls GM Crops A Failure
- China’s Change E-4 Mission
- 3D printing in Pharma sector
- Womb Transplant
- Supreme Court On Rafale Deal
- GSAT-7A Launched
- Saturn to Lose Its Rings
- ISRO’s Small Satellite Launch Vehicle
- Bharat Net Project
- Indian Navy gets Submarine Rescue System
- Transgenic Rise with Reduced Arsenic
- Global Hackathon on Artificial Intelligence
- Cheap Hydrogen Production
- NASA’s Insight Spacecraft
- Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti
- Life on Titan (Saturn’s Moon)
- What is COP 24 ?
- What is rat-hole mining
- Structural Reform for Decarbonising India
- Marine Vegetation To Mitigate Ocean Acidification
- Impact of Ocean Warming On Great Southern Reef
- What is Bio-Diversity Offsetting
- Atmospheric Iodine Will Destroy bad Ozone
- UN’S WMO : 2018 4th Hottest Year On Record
- Effects of Drugs Discharge into Yamuna river
Spice of the Month
|# Women's security||• J&K has become the first State in the country to bring a law to prevent people in power from exploiting subordinates sexually.
• Governor approved an amendment to the Ranbir Penal Code (RPC), to insert a section to provide for the offence of “sextortion.”
|# Girl Education|
# Promoting Competitive Federalism
|• Karnataka government will bear the educational expenses of girl students pursuing pre-university, graduation, and post-graduation courses in government colleges of the State, from the present academic year. This would help about 3.17 lakh students across the State and would cost ₹95 crore annually.|
|# Child protection and development||• Draft National Child Protection Policy
1. All organizations must have a code of conduct based on “zero tolerance of child abuse and exploitation”.
2. Organizations to lay down that employees don’t use language or behaviour that is “inappropriate, harassing, abusive, sexually provocative, demeaning or culturally inappropriate”.
3. Designated staff member to ensure that procedures are in place to ensure the protection of children as well as to report any abuse.
4. Any individual who suspects physical, sexual or emotional abuse must report it to the helpline number 1098, police or a child welfare committee.
Unlike the National Child Policy, 2013, it doesn’t talk about children who may need special protection: including those affected by migration, communal or sectarian violence, children forced into begging or in conflict with the law, and those infected with HIV/AIDS. It also doesn’t talk about the role of the State for ensuring the protection of child rights or addressing local grievances.
|# Tribal Development|
# Civic activism
|• Tribal groups in Rajasthan have demanded that the next elected government in the State reveal the status of each of the UN SDGs with reference to tribal communities and declare their status targets.|
|# Health Security|
# Weak regulation
# Pharmaceutical Industry
|• In a recent study by Manipal College, it has been found that of the 110 anti-TB (tuberculosis) Fixed Dose Combinations (FDCs) available in India, only 30% have been approved by the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO). In malaria FDCs, only 40% have been approved.
1. An FDC or combination product is a formulation with more than one active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) in a fixed ratio of doses formulated into a single dosage form.
|# Healthy India|
# Green India
|• New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) has tied up with a Hyderabad-based company to set up, operate and maintain world-class Public Bike Sharing (PBS) System. This will help improve fitness, bridge the gap of last-mile connectivity and reduce pollution.|
# Vernacular Learning
|• Ganjam district administration is developing a free mobile app to help students of Odia medium schools enhance their knowledge via tutorials in Odia.|
|# Balkanization of Religion|
# Religious harmony
|• Government has communicated that it was not possible to accede to the State’s recommendation to grant minority religion status to Lingayat/Veerashaiva community as they are considered “a religious sect of Hindus.”
1. The demand for separate status by Lingayats and Veerashaivas has been considered earlier also and it was observed that Lingayats have always been classified under Hindu sect ever since 1871 census
2. If Lingayats/Veerashaivas were to be treated as a separate religion by providing separate code other than Hindu, all members of the Scheduled Caste professing the said religion would lose their status as SC along with the consequential benefits available them.
|# National Unity||• PM has announced National Unity Award on the lines of Padma awards. It would be given to any Indian who has contributed to national unity in any manner.|