- Article 370 and 35A revoked
- Benefits of linking Aadhaar with voter ID
- Cabinet approves increasing strength of supreme Court Judges
- Demand for Gorkhaland
- How Ladakh will benefits from becoming a UT
- What is article 371
- Fast track courts in India
- Inter-State River Water Disputes (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- Jammu & Kashmir Public Safety Act (PSA)
- How delimitation is conducted ?
- Citizenship of India, Articles 5 to 11 of Indian Constitution & Assam NRC
Governance & Social Justice
- 5 new Consumer Rights in India, Consumer Protection Bill 2019
- POCSO amendment Bill 2019
- Prithvi shaw case and doping in indian athletes
- Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2019
- Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill 2019
- UGC Paramarsh Scheme
- Women empowerment Odisha model
- Breast milk banks to ensure all infants get protective cover
- Notifiable Disease
- Biosimilar Drug
- Is manual scavenging illegal in India ?
- Why is age of marriage different for men and women?
- E-Commerce Guidelines for Consumer Protection 2019
- Israel’s Achievements on Innovation – Lessons for India
- China’s reaction on Ladakk as UT
- Currency war between America and China
- India Myanmar submarine deal
- India to sign BECA with USA
- India to sign United Nations Convention on International Settlement Agreements
- Pakistan image rebuilding and it’s impact on India
- Reliance Saudi Aramco 75 billion dollar deal
- The end of INF treaty
- Trade war getting worse
- Trump labels China as currency manipulator
- USA China Trade war and global economy
- India-Vietnam patrol vessel project
- Moscow protests explained
- UNSC informal meeting
- UNSC resolution 47 on Kashmir
- USA reinstate death penalty
- USA warns China over Hong Kong protest
- PM Modi UAE and Bahrain visit
- India invited to G7 summit
- India stop sharing hydrological data with Pakistan
- ITER Project
- PM Modi Bhutan visit
- Pashu Aadhaar a Unique Identification Number for Cows & Buffaloes
- What are FARM PONDS?
- Why Brazil’s new pesticide rules should worry India?
- Electric Vehicles in India
- Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill, 2019
- Dam Safety Bill, 2019
- Dholera smart City
- Different economic curves
- Draft Model Tenancy Act 2019
- Indian Economy slowdown
- Kosi-Mechi interlinking river project in Bihar
- Lok Sabha passes Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions Code, 2019
- RBI 3rd Bimonthly Monetary Policy
- Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- U.K. Sinha committee Report
- What are overseas sovereign bonds
- Automobile sector in India
- How Fame II scheme aims to promote the use of electric vehicles in India ?
- Issues of paper industries in India
- Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- RBI changes ATM transaction rules
- What is negative interest rate ?
- RBI transfer 1.76 lakh crore Surplus to Central government
- Saral index launched
- Finance minister announce booster package for Economy
- Ordnance factories worker strikes
Defence & Security
Science & Technology
- India world’s 13th most water-stressed country
- Sharks facing extinction threats in India
- United Nation bats for Plant Based Diets to fight climate change
- What is Project WASCAL?
- Amazon Forest Degradation
- Methyl Mercury toxin in fish
- MOSAiC mission
- What is eco sensitive zone ?
- Himalayan States Mussoorie resolution
- Why India is vulnerable to attacks by alien species
- Microplastics Pollution
- Land Degradation Neutrality
- Manufactured sand (M-Sand)
Tag:GS2 || International relations || India and the rest of the world || South east asia
Why in news ?
- Vietnam and India have been looking to advance their existing defense relationship as part of their wider ties, which were elevated to a comprehensive strategic partnership in 2016.
India-Vietnam strategic ties :
- Defense ties have grown in recent years to include not just the traditional components in this realm of ties like exchanges and port calls but also coast guard collaboration, the training of personnel, capacity-building funding and equipment, and even discussions about coproduction and technology transfer with a new credit line offered by India to help develop Hanoi’s military capabilities.
- India is providing training support for Vietnam’s Kilo-class submarines.
- India has also offered to train Vietnamese pilots to fly Sukhoi aircraft.
- India is providing a $100 million credit line to Vietnam, that allows Vietnam to buy defence equipment from India.
- During his visit to Vietnam, on 2 September 2016, India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a new line of credit US$500 million for procurement of defence equipment.
India-Vietnam patrol vessel project :
- India’s Larsen & Toubro shipyard has launched a project to build 12 high-speed vessels for the Vietnam Border Guard, funded by the Indian government’s credit package.
- The high-speed patrol ships are designed to help coast guard forces supervise and safeguard the nation’s marine sovereignty, detect illegal activities such as smuggling and perform search and rescue missions.
- The aluminium alloy ships will be about 35m in length with top speeds of 35 nautical miles per hour. They will be equipped with modern guiding, monitoring and defence systems.
- Five of the 12 ships, all designed by the Larsen & Toubro, will be built at the company’s Kattupalli shipyard, while the rest will be constructed at Việt Nam’s Hồng Hà shipyard with support from the Indian firm.